Web Server Certification Program
I was tasked with creating a program that would facilitate repeatedly building, provisioning and validating a new web server in the live staging and production environment in a manner that did not negatively affect current users or the system.
This was accomplished via:
- Research of the features, roles, services, other components, folders and files etc. were required for the companies applications.
- Extensive functional testing of the companies applications to determine the effect that removing/adding components, changing values etc. would have.
- Finalizing the baseline values for each component, for example; services state, startmode, applications name and version etc.
- Creating Microsoft PowerShell scripts to test each component by comparing the actual value to the baseline value and documenting the test results and exceptions.
- Creating PowerShell scripts for provisoning the server, for example; configuring 3rd party applications, setting permissions, creating scheduled tasks etc.
- Created standard operating procedures and checklists for building a new server from a virtual machine clone, provisioning the server and running scripts to validate each phase of the buildout.
Click one of the subcategory links to get more detailed information and sample files.